Hello Nikolai,

NW> and instead combine the two.  The reason for this is that I?m writing
NW> code that?s going to be included in a manuscript and I was trying to
NW> keep things short and simple.  I guess this wasn?t as simple as I had
NW> hoped?,

When writing a manuscript do you really think it is more readable if
you use your own syntax workaround.

I didn't follow the RCR (i think it was rejected due to implementation
complexity) that suggested that 'def' returns the defined symbol so
that we could write:

public def foo
end

At this time my argument against this was also that public (and
everything else) should have just one clear and precise meaning and
usage. With this it would increase 'public' to three different use
cases which is IMHO bad for readability.