On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, R. Mark Volkmann wrote:

> This should be an easy one for anyone that has successfully used sockets in
> Ruby.
> What is wrong with this two-line program?
>
> require 'socket'
> socket = TCPSocket.new('services.xmethods.net', 80)
>
> I get the following when I run it.
>
> SocketTest.rb:2:in `new': Invalid argument - "connect(2)" (Errno::EINVAL)
>         from SocketTest.rb:2

Oddly enough, I get no errors for that.  I think your problem isn't in
your code at all.  My guess would be that either you're having network
problems or there's a problem with socket.so in your Ruby installation.

--
Jonathan Conway 	   The thing about Unix is that all the hoops are
rise / knavery.net           flaming, so at least you know where they are...