Sumimasen, everybody.

This is not to antagonize anyone, but all this mascot thing is starting to
look to me as if it?s getting  out of hand. My point is that when you start
speaking about "Ruby detractors" and not allowing them the possibility of
laughing about the mascot, even implying that there is a chance that people
will shy away from Ruby because of the mascot, you are being very shallow.

I read a post where someone was commenting he stayed away from Python
because it is named after a Snake. Well, I associate the name with a very
powerful GUN, the Colt Python, a gun I really like, so if I fell into this
line of thinking, Python is the language I should be using right now. (I am
not, but just because I like Ruby best, and I get paid to use C#).

Please excuse me, but you have to agree with me that this is plain stupid !
You don't, you CAN'T choose a programming language for any other reason than
its technical, syntactical, etc. characteristics.

On the other hand, he who goes on teasing Perl programmers because their
mascot is a camel is exercising his right to do so, as is the one who goes
on teasing someone because of his hair. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's
stupid, but it is NEVER TRANSCENDENTAL.

Then there is all this stuff about political nuances. Give me a break ! This
would not be politically correct, this would, but my wife would kill me.
This is typical USA. I frankly couldn't care less, and so should you. You
are programmers, when on earth did you start worrying about all this crap ?

Ruby IS japanese, so it is only proper the icon I click on to start depicts
a Japanese image. The Ruby-chan idea is excellent, but any other JAPANESE
icon is OK to me.

I don't really like the name Ruby, but that is the name Matz gave to HIS
wonderful language, which I really like above the rest. I wish he put an end
to all this, but somehow I'm sure he won't. So it rests on us, guys. Lets
think like programmers, not bureaucrats.

I apologize again if I made anyone feel insulted. I am not being personal,
I'm just again the "Gestalt".

Furio Filoseta