dobest03 wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Can anyone pinoint me where I made a mistake?
>
> Error message is as follows:
> But if I commented out "ths doesn't works" and remove comments
> on "this works" codes, it works. Don't the code
>
> 		@checking = super(checking)
> 		@savings = super(savings)
>
> create a new 'Account' class instances and stores them into
> instance variable of class 'Accounts' @checking and @savings
> respectively?

Calling 'super' invokes the method of the same name in the parent class.
  So, calling 'super' here invoke the method 'initialize' in Account.
But 'initialize' does not return a new instance of the class; the method
'new' does.  (Calling 'new' makes a call to 'allocate', then calls
'initialize' on the object just allocated, and then returns the new
object. )

You may be better off removing the inheritance and simply using

  @checking = Account.new( checking )
  @savings = Account.new( savings )

James
--