From: Goran Stankovic <goran2 / swbell.net>
Subject: Cannot get Tk extension samples to work with Windows XP
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 04:46:55 +0900
> I cannot get any of Tk extension samples to work on Windows XP. I was able to run them successfully on Linux and Mac.
    (snip)
> My guess is that I am missing some environment variable to connect the ruby bindings with the actual Tk extension libraries. I would appreciate if somebody would help with this.

I don't know whether tcltklib included 1.8.2-15 supports libraries
of Tcl/Tk8.4 or not. Please check Tk::TK_VERSION value.
If the value is "8.3" and 1.8.2-15 doesn't support Tcl/Tk8.4,
please read [ruby-talk:120774].
If 1.8.2-15 supports Tcl/Tk8.4 and Ruby/Tk cannot find the
libarary path as you say, please entry the library path to
Tk::AUTO_PATH.
Probably, one of the easiest way is to add the following line
to the file "<ruby-lib>/tkextlib/setup.rb".
Tk::AUTO_PATH.list <<= "<your ActiveTcl top>/lib"
If you have the trouble on the specific Tk extension, please add
a similar line to "<ruby-lib>/tkextlib/<extention>/setup.rb".