Hi All,

At the risk of starting a major flame war and giving Java player-haters
more fuel for their ire, I've done a performance comparison between
Ruby/Odeum and Lucene:

http://www.zedshaw.com/projects/ruby_odeum/performance.html

Please don't take this as a "Java sucks Ruby rulez" posting, or that
I've done any sort of scientific analysis here.  I'm a professional Java
developer so I'm agnostic about the language wars.  It's simply intended
to answer a common question I get related to Ruby/Odeum.

For the people who can't or won't read, the test is informal and shows
that Ruby/Odeum is about 10 times faster when doing a search.

Comments are welcome.

Zed A. Shaw