Oi,

On 5/14/05, ES <ruby-ml / magical-cat.org> wrote:
> Stefan Lang wrote:
> > Rant is a flexible build tool written entirely in Ruby,
> > similar to Rake.
>
> Thanks for the excellent tool! Rant has, at this point, completely
> replaced Rake for my needs. Keep it up.

I've only experimented with Rant yet, but I like it.

> > == What's new in this release?
> >
> > * Dependency checking for C/C++ sources.
> > * Installing ".cmd" files on Windows with the Win32::RubyCmdWrapper.
> > * Convenient directory/file creation with SubFile.
> > * rant-import inlines specially marked, +require+ files.
> >
> > I'd appreciate suggestions about new features, names, etc.
>
> Is Rant up for discussion? It has absolutely no relation to *shudder*
> Ant, after all. Maybe you could call it Wombat or something :)

I second this one. It does sound weird to me. Rant is much closer to
perfection than Ant could ever be, as the creator of Ant himself
thinks that the XML of Ant wasn't meant to be a full blown scripting
language. Let me think about three naming options:
- Anter
- Antest
- Rmk - Ruby Make
- Rbmk