On 05/15/2005 05:17 AM, Thomas Hurst wrote:
> * Dr Balwinder S Dheeman (bsd.SANSPAM / cto.homelinux.net) wrote:
>

>>Home:		http://nntp.rubyforge.org/
>>Download:	http://rubyforge.org/projects/nntp/
>

> I wrote a small NNTP class a couple of years ago, as part of the first
> generation backend to newzbin.com; for XOVER, it built a custom Struct
> from the "LIST OVERVIEW.FMT" command so you actually got a useful data
> structure from the XOVER, with field names etc according to the exact
> format the server used.  Also, since XOVERs can get very, very big (on
> the order of hundreds of MB), it took a block and acted as an iterator
> rather than returning a big array of structs.

NP, I'm open to all such feedback. We can modify XOVER, if the need
arises. I even welcome you join me.

> I never bothered documenting it very well, nor did I ever release it,
> but it worked quite nicely while we used it, even if it was written when
> I was a n00b :)

Wow! me too am just a newbie in the OOP domain and Ruby itself, though I
remained a hardcore teacher and programmer during my days. At one time
we (I and a two other friends of mine, one of them 'Darshie' now
employed with Infogain Inc, USA, other one 'Vipin' with Infosys Inc,
USA) were planning to write a good book on _Fundamentals of
Programming_,  but as both of these left for America me too dropped that
idea. Moreover, I after completing my M.D. (Alternative Medicine)
switched over to medical practice in 1994.

I'm so found of computing, Internet and, or programming that I could not
  stop reading and, or learning about new programming languages and, or
technologies (the list of programming languages I learned and taught, is
long enough to be mentioned over here).

Anyway, me once again welcome you, my friend!

Regards,
--
Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman            Registered Linux User: #229709
CLLO (Chief Linux Learning Officer)   Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192