* Dr Balwinder S Dheeman (bsd.SANSPAM / cto.homelinux.net) wrote:

> Home:		http://nntp.rubyforge.org/
> Download:	http://rubyforge.org/projects/nntp/

I wrote a small NNTP class a couple of years ago, as part of the first
generation backend to newzbin.com; for XOVER, it built a custom Struct
from the "LIST OVERVIEW.FMT" command so you actually got a useful data
structure from the XOVER, with field names etc according to the exact
format the server used.  Also, since XOVERs can get very, very big (on
the order of hundreds of MB), it took a block and acted as an iterator
rather than returning a big array of structs.

I never bothered documenting it very well, nor did I ever release it,
but it worked quite nicely while we used it, even if it was written when
I was a n00b :)

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst
    http://hur.st/