In article <525df23a050514062232236a1e / mail.gmail.com>, rob.02004
@gmail.com says...
> I'll try this out under 4.3pre2. I know some changes were made for
> indenting in 4.3 that might be stuffing things up for Ruby code.
>
> In the meantime, some questions:
> 1) What version of the Ruby plugin are you running?
0.6.5 or 0.6.6; both do the same.

> 2) Is you example from a otherwise empty file, if not can you sent me
> the complete file.
Utterly empty buffer, which I switch to Ruby mode via Buffer Options.

> 3) What order did you type the example in?
Exactly as shown, start to finish.

I just resurrected 4.2 from the recycle bin (with RubyPlugin 0.5), and
discovered something interesting:  As I type the example in, the "else"
that I type and the automatic "end" show up in the correct columns.
(The automatic "end" doesn't show up for me with 0.6.6 and 4.3pre2.)

BUT - if I then use TAB (mapped to "Indent Selected Lines") to reindent
the code, I end up with the same forever-indenting result as 4.3.3.  So
maybe this bug has existed forever, but nobody's noticed because they're
not reindenting?

I should also point out that the increasing left margin I see is
*exactly* what happens whenever I try to write with a pencil on a piece
of paper, much to the dismay of my fourth-grade teacher.  However, I
don't know for sure that this bug is related.

--
Jay Levitt                |
Wellesley, MA             | I feel calm.  I feel ready.  I can only