Jay, by just typing your example line by line in a blank .rb file the
indenting is correct for me in jEdit 4.2final with v0.6.6 of the Ruby
Editor Plugin:
http://www.jedit.org/ruby/download/

I'll try this out under 4.3pre2. I know some changes were made for
indenting in 4.3 that might be stuffing things up for Ruby code.

In the meantime, some questions:
1) What version of the Ruby plugin are you running?
2) Is you example from a otherwise empty file, if not can you sent me
the complete file.
3) What order did you type the example in?

Cheers,
Rob