(Copy of this post sent to original poster.)

(NOTE: The copied note that follows might be good thing to add to the FAQ;
in my haste sign up, I somehow overlooked the help file).

From: Radhakrishna Mohan, Tadepalli <trk_mohan / hotmail.com>

> I wanted to learn ruby. But I wanted to unsubscribe to this mailing list.
> am loosing other important mails because of ruby mailing list.
>
> If you can make a news group, that will be better.
>
> Can anybody please help me.
>
> Radha

A newsgroup is in the works (comp.lang.ruby), but it will probably take
about another month to get through the formal newsgroup creation process.

See message below for how to get just 1 mail per day that combines all the
mail sent to the newsgroup.

|like the JPython-Interest digest?

Our list server has the batch mail mode, from the help file:

  3.4     Digest Delivery

  <<<<< Batch mail mode (approximately every N hours)

  # matome <num>[opt]  Send batch mail at approximately every <num> hours
                       To be exact, mail are sent at N clock where
                            0 == N (mod <num>)    N=1..24
                       When <num> is between 13 to 36, mail batch will be
                       sent once a day at
                            <num>    if  <num>=13..24
                            <num>-24 if  <num>=25..36

          Ex.
              # matome <num>u   plain(unpack) format
              # matome <num>i   lha+ish format
          [opt]:
              (no option)   gzip(with UNIX From:)
              u             PLAINTEXT(with UNIX From:)
              uf            PLAINTEXT(with UNIX From:)
              i             lha+ish
              ish           lha+ish
              b             RFC934 format   PLAINTEXT
              d             RFC1153 format  PLAINTEXT
              mp            MIME/Multipart PLAINTEXT

  # matome 0         Cancel batch mode.  Return to normal distribution
          Ex.
          # matome 1        Mail batch every 1 hour  (gzip-ped)
          # matome 2        Mail batch every 2 hours (gzip-ped)
          # matome 2u       Mail batch every 2 hours (plain text)
          # matome 2mp      Mail batch every 2 hours (MIME/Multipart)
          # matome 17       Mail batch once a day at 17:00 (gzip-ped)
          # matome 29       Mail batch once a day at  5:00 (gzip-ped)

MAMOME is the word for `summary|bundle' in Japanese.  Send the command
mail to the <ruby-talk-ctl / netlab.co.jp>.  You can get the help file
by using `#help' command to the address above.

I've never tryed the feature personally, but it seems to work fine.
Some members in the list use it.  I don't think it provides the list
of contents.   Hmm, the list server is written in Perl, should I
rewrite that? :-)

# When I talked to the author of this list server, he refuse to write
# it in Ruby.  He said it was too big to reimplement.  I agreed.

matz.