Jim Freeze a ˝─rit :
> Hi all
>
> I am having troubles building the sqlite-ruby gem.
> I don't think it is a gem problem, but a extconfig issue.
>
>   % gem install sqlite-ruby -v 2.2.3
On a parallel note, be aware that many people having tried to use
SQLite3 with RoR have at some point given up.
After a good start, I had an issue with the usage of quotes around
columns name. Sometimes they were OK, sometimes they seemed missing.
I met that issue when I started using a Table.find_by_column call but
couldn't make it work. The same code worked like a treat with MySQL,
which unfortunately was over-dimensioned for my little hack (where
SQLite would have been perfect).
Before using such constructs, the adapter behaved as expected. So your
mileage may vary ...
J-P