"Conrad Schneiker" <schneiker / jump.net> writes:

> Rapid growth of Ruby in the business arena can help indirectly underwrite
> developments that will synergistically help science and engineering users of
> Ruby. For instance, with the Cygnus model, in addition to handling
> middle-tier business logic contracts, you could also get world class C++
> programmers, Java JVM experts, and experts in code optimization to rewrite,
> maintain, and extend Ruby (to follow Python designations), while leaving
> Matz free to concentrate on the design of new features.

One thing that would help would be a collection of success stories:
Ruby used for real business applications.

Right now, Andy and I are working on a real project which (among other
things) involves developing an X11 window manager. Believe it or not,
we're writing the core in C, but most of the decoration thingies are
written in Ruby. When a window has a title bar, that title bar is
actually a Ruby application.

When it's done, we'll do a short write-up and add it to the list of
Ruby in Business.

Regards

Dave

ps. mutator....  ;-)