Hello Logan,

>From: Logan Capaldo <logancapaldo / gmail.com>
>To: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
>Subject: Re: ruby vs. java?
>Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 19:35:41 +0900
>
>On 5/11/05, Franz Hartmann <porschefranz / hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >I would recommend Octave as the best free choice for getting
> > >solutions for (partial) differential equations. If you have money
> > >to burn, you may want to look at Matlab or, depending on your
> > >specific needs, Maple or Mathematica.
> >
> > i cannot use octave. SGI octave is a unix machine and i need windows
> > compatible, or best case macintosh, because i need use word & excel &
>power
> > point (& counterstrike *g* ). which programming languages run on octave?
> > thank you for the suggestion, i have already tried matlab but it is not
>good
> > to. I want to do object oriented programming because it is faster.
> >
> > >HTH,
> >

>GNU Octave IS a programming language., designed for numerical
>applications. It runs on Windows, Linux and OS X. Its website is here:
>http://www.octave.org/

that is strange, i always thought that octave was the name of the big sgi
box. havent these gnu guys been accused by sgi yet?
thank you for the link, but i dont like it. it is to much like fortran for
me. they say that when you know fortran you can learn octave in a few hours.
i think fortrans time is over. and besides, what shall my professor say when
i come up with a fortran program?

Franz

Nicht lange suchen finden! MSN Suche. http://search.msn.de/ Jetzt testen!