On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, W. Kent Starr wrote:

> The 'Mysteries of the West' are firmly formed in the female mold (ditto much
> of the forms of African mythology) and, I strongly suspect, that of the East
> (please enlighten me).
>
> As a consequence, a female sorcerer is a very appealing concept for
> representing Ruby, for, is the language itself not alluring, attracting and
> somewhat 'magic'?
>
> Besides, Ruby is a girl's name (if you rule out, in the US, Jack) :-)

You've got my vote!  I am envisioning something similar to the Anime-like
iMac girl, but perhaps a bit more mature and noble.  To heck with what the
US marketing droids think should be appropriate!

-- Brett
				   http://www.chapelperilous.net/btfwk/
All the passions make us commit faults; love makes us commit the most
ridiculous ones.
		-- La Rochefoucauld