Hello Jaypee,

>From: Jaypee <rf.oodanaw / sd.eepyaj>
>To: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
>Subject: Re: ruby vs. java?
>Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 18:25:27 +0900
>
>Franz Hartmann a ˝─rit :
>>Hello all,
>>
>>just call me Franz. I study physic in Berlin, but i am from bavaria (that
>>is in the south of germany). sorry for my bad english but foreign
>>languages are not my strong point. i like more mathematic.
>>
>>I want to do a physical model calculation about the dynamics of
>>incompressibel liquids. I am not sure which is the best programming
>>language for this. I think about visual basic, java and ruby. I know java
>>quite good and vb and ruby a bit. actually i wanted to do it in vb but its
>>to powerful for me. so i am looking for something easier.
>>
>>can you tell me the essential differences between java and ruby? what can
>>you do in ruby that you cannot do in java? and what about jruby? can i
>>combine java and ruby?
>>
>>Franz
>>
>>ps. does ruby run on macintosh tiger?

>>Chance, eines von 10 T-Mobile MDA II zu gewinnen!
>>

>I can answer to the PS: yes, the version 1.8.2 of ruby is a standard part
>Tiger.

That is very good. Because i think to buy a macintosh perhaps. the G5 is now
at 2x2.7 ghz and i think this is just what i need. can ruby handle two
processors? (or do i need a c extension for that *g* ?)
btw, i know this is a ruby list but is their any way to run windows programs
on mac?

>For the other points, may I suggest you to be specific about what you are
>looking for in VB or in Java (GUI, ready to use libs etc) that you
>did not find. It will help further answers.
>J-P

yes you may but i myself dont know yet :-) . i think windows and graphics
will be needed. 3d graphics would be super to present the results.
as i wrote before, going into libraries is not a problem, i have all the
books and documentations.

Thanks
Franz

Eine f alle. MSN Suche. http://search.msn.de Finden statt suchen!