Hello all,

just call me Franz. I study physic in Berlin, but i am from bavaria (that is
in the south of germany). sorry for my bad english but foreign languages are
not my strong point. i like more mathematic.

I want to do a physical model calculation about the dynamics of
incompressibel liquids. I am not sure which is the best programming language
for this. I think about visual basic, java and ruby. I know java quite good
and vb and ruby a bit. actually i wanted to do it in vb but its to powerful
for me. so i am looking for something easier.

can you tell me the essential differences between java and ruby? what can
you do in ruby that you cannot do in java? and what about jruby? can i
combine java and ruby?

Franz

ps. does ruby run on macintosh tiger?