Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:
> James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> [2005-05-11 04:06]:
>> I need to use * in my wiki, set to use Textile.  How can I escape
it,
>>  so it's not considered the start of a bold sequence?  Thanks.
>
> <notextile>* foo</notextile>

<notextile> is handled by RedCloth to prevent processing of the
enclosed content. There's also the more generic <nowiki> in Instiki
that will escape all wiki transformation (like linking WikiWords).
(But note that in Instiki 0.10.1 there is a bug where the <nowiki>
cannot span multiple lines; a bug that has been fixed in svn :-)

HTH,
Assaph