On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, David Alan Black wrote:

> > Besides, Ruby is a girl's name (if you rule out, in the US, Jack) :-)
>
> I'm starting to think that's an unfortunate coincidence :-)  Am I the only one
> who dislikes the idea of a kind of pet girl/woman named "Ruby" associated with
> Ruby?

No. I'm a bit buffled by the recent mascot discussions in general and
this association in particular. Besides I think drawings involving humans
tend to have too much detail to be practically useful.

For me its not an important issue, but I'd rather see a nice, big, and
shiny ruby (stone that is) (sort of like the one on the pickaxe book) than
both animals or humans.

But maybe I'm just boring...

Regards,

Robert