On 5/10/05, James Britt <james_b / neurogami.com> wrote:
> gabriele renzi wrote:
> > Now that there is (mostly) agreement on a ruby icon,
>
> How do you know that?
>
> I find the literal gem image boring and impractical (in contrast to Ruby
> itself), and I may in fact be in the minority, but I don't know how I or
> anyone would really know that.
>
> And I really hope to steer clear of any sort of "official" Ruby logo.
>
> James

Yea, I am not a fan of that logo either.  I personally like Michel
Martens' version that looks like a red square with a thick red border
and the top-right corner is hacked off to give a sort of silhouette of
a ruby.  Not that John's isn't a lovely image however.

John's image would also be a difficult one to reproduce nicely on
anything other than a computer screen, or at smaller sizes.  It's got
that distinct Photoshop'd look to it.

But great work by all on the redesign!

Jason