I was searching for some ruby info via google, and clicked a link to
an article archived on rubytalk.com and got a placeholder/advertising
page instead. Is it possible that the domain got jacked?

Here's the output of nslookup on my machine:

> rubytalk.com
Non-authoritative answer:
rubytalk.com    internet address = 63.251.83.53
rubytalk.com    nameserver = dns3.name-services.com
rubytalk.com    nameserver = dns4.name-services.com
rubytalk.com    nameserver = dns5.name-services.com
rubytalk.com    nameserver = dns1.name-services.com
rubytalk.com    nameserver = dns2.name-services.com

-- Wes