In Message-Id: <D99ECD6A-8AFA-4383-A1EC-E67EF8676B91 / grayproductions.net>
James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> writes:

> Can you tell me how to read individual characters with termios?  I've
> been messing with it and I can't get that right for anything.  I
> clearly don't know the secret handshake!

Uhm, is the following URL useful?
<http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/48407>

# Well that's an old and brief article so probably you should make
# sure both ruby-termios things and underlying termios function.

In modern Unixen stty are commonly implemented with termios, so you
can almost always do what you want to do with stty by using termios.

--
kjana / dm4lab.to                                           May 11, 2005
It is never late to mend.