On May 10, 2005, at 12:49 AM, Vincent Foley wrote:

> Ryan Levengood suggested in another thread that I use mock objects for
> my testing purposes, but I don't understand clearly how they work.

Basically the idea here is that you would make a MockClient object
that supports the same methods as your actual client.  However,
instead of sending things to LJ, it could write them to a file for
you to examine or something similar.  Then you could use that object
in your tests.  Obviously, this wouldn't test the XML-RPC side of
your code and in your case, that's a lot of your functionality at
this point.

For that reason, I really like the idea suggested by Luke of opening
a test blog.  I think it's the way to go.

James Edward Gray II