Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: [ETYMOLOGY] - Sterile Classes / Sterile Meta Classes"
>     on Mon, 9 May 2005 06:39:24 +0900, Ilias Lazaridis <ilias / lazaridis.com> writes:
>
> |you wrote in the other thread:
> |
> |"I'm thinking of changing thedefinition to confirm model in others'
> |mind, since the other model. Under the new model, horizontal arrows in
> |the object.c diagram mean instance-of relations."
> |
> |This would be important to know - and it's important for the terminology.
> |
> |If you are not sure yet - no problem.
>
> I am almost sure.  The model will be changed, after we settled "the
> term".

There's a dead-lock:

You cannot settle on a (concise) term, when you don't know the
model-changes.

Ok, I extract the (almost sure) planned changes:

a) method to retrieve "<x> class", Object#<x>_class
b) objects become instances of their "<x> class"
   (horizontal arrows in "ri Class": "instance-of" relations")

<x> currently: singelton

-

cmd> ri class

                             +------------------+
                             |                  |
               Object---->(Object)              |
                ^  ^        ^  ^                |
                |  |        |  |                |
                |  |  +-----+  +---------+      |
                |  |  |                  |      |
                |  +-----------+         |      |
                |     |        |         |      |
         +------+     |     Module--->(Module)  |
    OtherClass-->(OtherClass)  |         |      |
                             Class---->(Class)  |
..

--
http://lazaridis.com