nobu.nokada / softhome.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Sun, 8 May 2005 23:46:18 +0900,
> Thomas Leitner wrote in [ruby-talk:141672]:
>
>>I always thought that the arguments to Dir.glob(...) and
>>File.fnmatch(...) are the same. However, with the first I can use
>>braces, with File.fnmatch not!
>

> Brace Expansion is different from Pathname Expansion.

Yes, PickaxeII contains a better explanation than ri and effectively
differentiate the semantics between the two: "Because fnmatch is
implemented by the underlying operating system, it may have different
semantics to Dir.glob." ==> ie: braces are not used to delimit patterns
to match.

IMHO ri description needs to be slightly enhanced.

HTH
Giuliano

--
If you want to send me an email address should be 'p', then a dot,
followed by 'bossi' at 'quinary', another dot and 'com' at last