Hi,

On 5/9/05, James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> wrote:
> On May 9, 2005, at 9:04 PM, Mark Hubbart wrote:
>
> > You might not want to use stty in that exact way. From the stty
> > manpage (on OSX):
>
> Hey, that's great to know.  Thanks.
>
> Is that going to work the same on other Unix flavors as well?

It works on my webhost's Debian system. It seems it's just dumping and
restoring the settings, so it should be safe on all platforms. Setting
"raw" actually sets several other flags, and unsetting "raw" unsets
those same flags. So if someone has turned on or off some of those
flags, those settings would be lost if you do "raw" followed by
"-raw". I think :)

cheers,
Mark