On 5/9/05, Joe Van Dyk <joevandyk / gmail.com> wrote:

> Another question!  Does anyone know how to scale a Tk canvas image?

To get more detailed...

I have a fairly large map image (10000x10000 pixels or so).  I'd like
this to be displayed as the background on my canvas.  The user should
be able to zoom in and out on the canvas and the map should change
accordingly when zooming.  Also, the user should be able to move
around on the canvas by clicking.

I've got the zooming and moving part of my code working fine.  What I
need to be able to do is scale an image to a certain width and height.
 I looked at the zoom and subsample abilities, but those only seem to
use Integers as the scaling factor, not Floats.

Ideas are most welcomed,
Joe