HighLine 0.5.0 Released
=======================

This release brings three new features:  an echo setting (for
passwords), case changing controls for answers, and confirmation
questions.  As always, using these features is trivial.  Here are a
couple of simple examples:

pass = ask("Password?  ") { |q| q.echo = false }
file = ask("File to delete?  ") { |q| q.confirm = true }

See documentation and examples for more details.

If anyone uses this, feedback is welcome
(james / grayproductions.net).  I do have a TODO list of features I
would like to add, but I'm also open to suggestions of how to grow
the project and make in useful to all.

If you have any trouble with character reading or echo, especially on
Windows, please let me know.

What is HighLine?
-----------------

(from the README)

HighLine was designed to ease the tedious tasks of doing console
input and output with low-level methods like gets() and puts().
HighLine provides a robust system for requesting data from a user,
without needing to code all the error checking and validation rules
and without needing to convert the typed Strings into what your
program really needs.  Just tell HighLine what you're after, and let
it do all the work.

What's new in this release?
---------------------------

(highlights from the CHANGELOG)

* Implemented echo=() for HighLine::Question objects, primarily to
   make fetching passwords trivial.
* Implemented case=() for HighLine::Question objects to provide
character case
   conversions on given answers.  Can be set to :up, :down,
or :capitalize.
* Implemented confirm=() for HighLine::Question objects to allow for
verification
   for sensitive user choices.  If set to true, user will have to
answer an
   "Are you sure?  " question.  Can also be set to the question to
confirm with
   the user.

Plus documentation and examples for the new features.

Where can I learn more?
-----------------------

HighLine is hosted on RubyForge.

Project page:   http://rubyforge.org/projects/highline/
Documentation:  http://highline.rubyforge.org/
Downloads:      http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=683

How do I get HighLine?

HighLine is a gem, so as long as you have RubyGems installed it's as
simple as:

$ sudo gem install highline

If you need to install RubyGems, you can download it from:

HighLine can also be installed manually.  Just download the latest
release and follow the instructions in INSTALL:

James Edward Gray II