On 5/8/05, Joe Van Dyk <joevandyk / gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the info.  I'll see if I can get those Tk extensions installed.

Ok, got the TkTable extensions installed and can run the TkTable Ruby
demos!  Hooray.

I'm not sure how to do the following though:

I have a Hash of Players.  Each Player has a Hash called attribute_list.

I want to display each player's attribute list in the TkTable.

So, given the following class and code, how could I display its data
in the TkTable?

class Player
  attr_accessor attribute_list
  def initialize
    @attribute_list = {}
    @attribute_list[:player_id] = rand(100).to_s
    @attribute_list[:x_position] = rand(100).to_s
    @attribute_list[:y_position] = rand(100).to_s

players = []
3.times { players.push(Players.new) }

The resulting table would look something like (view in fixed font):

| player_id | x_position | y_position |
| 24        | 56         | 34         |
| 63        | 88         | 83         |
| 12        | 35         | 89         |

Would you use the :command feature of TkTable to do this?

Thanks,
Joe