George wrote:
> It might be my maths-y background, but I'm a big fan of eigenclass. I'm
> not too sure about the meaning of the German ('own',
> 'characteristic'??), but for those who know a bit of abstract algebra -
> eigenvalues, eigenvectors etc - it conjures up some handy images. So I
> think it's a winner for a) mathematicians and b) German speakers. Who
> could that possibly leave out? ;-)

French people. I mean, they think well don't they? I mean, be fair - Pascal.

I like 'eigenclass' too, but I don't really recommend it. It sounds like
showing off.

Has anyone suggested 'essential class'? The word 'essential' is often
used to mean 'indispensible', but 'constituting or being part of the
essence of something; inherent' seems like precisely what we're getting
at here.

Steve