George wrote:

> It might be my maths-y background, but I'm a big fan of eigenclass. I'm
> not too sure about the meaning of the German ('own',
> 'characteristic'??), but for those who know a bit of abstract algebra -
> eigenvalues, eigenvectors etc - it conjures up some handy images. So I
> think it's a winner for a) mathematicians and b) German speakers. Who
> could that possibly leave out? ;-)

Truthfully, I'm a fan of it, too, from my physics background rather
than math.

But I don't necessarily recommend it. I don't mind importing terms
from math/physics/German, but the "immediate recognizability" will
be almost, well, nil. :)

On the other hand, that might be a *good* thing, for a term that
is very rare, perhaps unique to Ruby.

> [On the other hand, if you don't fall into either of those two camps,
> it probably just makes you say 'eh? what the hell is that?'.]

Agreed.

Hal