Hi,

Just installed Ruby 1.8.2-15 (win32 version) on a new Windows XP pc.
When I try to 'gem install' some packages, the app hangs / gets stuck
waiting as below.
    C:\Documents and Settings\nick\Desktop>gem install rails --remote
    Attempting remote installation of 'rails'
    --> gets stuck here, I let it run for hours with no response

I've seen others reporting the issue here and elsewhere on the web, too,
but I haven't seen any solutions that work.  I did update
rubygems-update to 0.8.10, that didn't change anything.  Other gem cmds
(gem update, gem list, etc. do the same thing, when they get to this
same point.

Any ideas?  Anything I can do to debug this?  Is there a trace cmd or
something like that in ruby?

thanks all,
-Nick