On Sat, 7 May 2005, Austin Ziegler wrote:

> You may, however, be left with incorrect output.
>
>  "\n#{@oid} 0 obj\n<</Type /Page /Parent #{@owner.oid} 0 R >>"
>
> If @owner is nil, then using your proposal I will get:
>
>  234 0 obj
>  <</Type /Page /Parent 0 R >>

Hmm. Interesting.

Hard real, live, data.

I like it.

Let's look at it a bit more closely.

How did the nil get into @owner? Would it have been picked up by -w?
Was it placed there yourself in the meaning "uninitialised" or in the
meaning "no thing here"? By what route did it arrive?

Given my new proposal of having an uninitialised vs nothing
types of nil?

Could we design things in a way that would resolve your
issue?

New Zealand

It originates from just one of the 6 billion yet vastly outnumbered
humans.

I trust you will keep this perspective and context in mind when
reacting to this email.