Christoph wrote:
> You could ask for the creation of a separate "undefined" value similar
> to the "undefined, "null" pair in Javascript
>
> OT - doses anybody know whatever happen to Javascript 2.0? (please
> don't kill me but I actually kind of like Javascript::-)

Don't worry, there's a secret society of JavaScript, um, ECMAScript[0],
fans here.

Current ECMAScript is edition 3. According to [1]:
"Edition 4 is now expected to be released in Q3 2005. This will update
the standard with respect to the language and the various differing
implementations."

(The likely reality, though, is that browser vendors will continue to
implement whatever they feel best serves them.  If that coincides with
recognized specs or standards, so much the better. )

James

[0] http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-262.htm
[1] http://www.ecma-international.org/news/4xpr-final-2004.htm

--