On 5/7/05, Tom Nakamura <imifumei / imap.cc> wrote:
> I'm developed an application with Ruby, and it uses Tk as well as
> BioRuby and a few other 3rd party extensions. Is there a canonical of
> packaging such an application for mac osx (most important), linux, and
> windows? They prospective end user probably won't be very 'savvy' so I
> want to make it as seamless as possible.
> Tom N

RubyCocoa[1] has a neat little wrapper that you can use to turn ruby
scripts into MacOSX app bundles. For a more guiish approach you can
also use Platypus[2] which will create nice Mac OS bundles as well. On
windows(and Mac and Linux) of course you can use Ruby2Exe[3].

[1]  http://rubycocoa.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://sveinbjorn.sytes.net/platypus
[3] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/index.html