I've finished a non-intrusive extension to og (addition of one file,
"og-evolve.rb", no original source code touched), which enables
automated schema evolution (currently sqlite3 adapter).

require 'og'
require 'og-evolve'

-

you can disable the extension by simply removing the "require
'og-evolve'" statement (using "method rename), having the old behaviour
back.

-

functionality:

If you add a property to your object, a column is added to the
underlying table.

If anyone is intrested, I can sent the file via email.

[as a protest to the non-existent public code-repository and to
non-supporting my efforts on the project-forum (no responses), I've not
followed Mr. Moschovitis request to sent him the file]

-

[depending on the further delays of the next og version, I will possibly
extend this extension.]

-

The preliminary ob-evaluation (started 2 months before)

http://lazaridis.com/case/persist/og.html

..

--
http://lazaridis.com