Hi --

On Fri, 6 May 2005, Eric Hodel wrote:

> I think that any RCR than can be implemented in pure ruby doesn't need to go
> into the core.  You can place a package on RAA and get a project on RubyForge
> for these kinds of things handily.

I disagree.  For one thing, there are real issues with modifying core
classes and methods; it's not a safe fallback.  Also, most of Ruby can
be implemented in pure Ruby -- and some of what's in Ruby started life
as RCRs, either formal or informal.  So you'd be creating an odd
situation: Matz will make changes that can be implemented in pure
Ruby, but no one else should suggest or discuss such changes.

I don't think there's any sign that that's what Matz has in mind with
the RCR process.

David

--
David A. Black