On Fri, 6 May 2005, Hal Fulton wrote:

> First of all, I sympathize on some level with this RCR. It has
> been thought of before, by me and others.
>
> In fact, I *think* that this was Ruby's default behavior once upon
> a time; and I think it was changed for a good reason(s) I don't recall.

Be careful about exactly what is being asked for and what has been done
before. I once developed an OOP system were all objects would respond to
all undefined messages by doing nothing. I rapidly changed that to an
error condition as in that case the complaint that it hid bugs was valid.

What I'm asking for here is that just the  nil object, not even the false
object, responds to all undefined methods by doing nothing and returning
nil.

New Zealand

Surprisingly enough, this email does not originate from a beetle.