On Thursday 05 May 2005 11:06 am, Florian Growrote:

      ENV['RAKE_TEST_RUBY'] = "123"

> > ruby %{-e "exit $RAKE_TEST_RUBY"} do |ok, status|
> >   assert(!ok)
> >   assert_equal 123, status.exitstatus
> >   block_run = true
> > end
[...]
> Can't you just do "exit ENV['RAKE_TEST_RUBY']"?

You can ... but that won't test the expansion of environment variables in a
rake process.

I'm thinking that if I want rake to be able to support environment variable
expansion across all platforms, I will have to expand the variables myself.
There is just too much difference between systems.