Rob . wrote:
> Version 0.6 of jEdit's Ruby Editor Plugin has been released and is
> available for download!
>
> For details and downloads go to:
>
>    http://www.jedit.org/ruby/
>
> 0.6 introduces two major new features that will make you more
> productive when you write Ruby code, particularly if you are new to Ruby:
>
> - Method completion for the Ruby core types via a popup that appears
> when you type '.' after a variable name. This feature uses the methods
> you have already called on a variable to guess it's type, and the
> popup is populated accordingly.
>
> - An integrated Ruby documentation viewer (that's modelled after
> FreeRide's documentation plugin). While selecting a method via the
> completion popup you can see the corresponding method documentation on
> the docked documentation viewer.
>
> Have fun! As always, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

I would prefere i pure ruby IDE [because the nature of Ruby requires an
native IDE for efficient development].

like e.g.:

http://freeride.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl

-

I understand the multilangue requirement, which is covered by jedit.

And possibly there are peole that have not the code-size reuquirement
(like me), thus they can use java stuff.

But wouldn't then eclipse (www.eclipse.org) be the more natural choice?

quasi-industry-standard, very liberal license.

--
http://lazaridis.com