Found the problem. By mistake I left in an unnecessary hook for a
"complete method" action. Please don't bind a shortcut key to the
"complete method" action.

Instead on the Plugins->Plugins Options dialog, configure the SideKick
plugin to "Show completion popups where possible", ie make sure that
checkbox is checked. Then the complete popup will appear automatically
when you type a '.' after a variable.

Thanks for bringing my attention to this bug. I'll put out a new
release tonight. No more 3am releases for me! :-)

Cheers,
Rob