On 5/3/05, Andy Stone <xsltguru / gmail.com> wrote:
> We've been looking for an alternative bug tracking system.  We were
> using Bugzilla, for a long time, but when we opened it up for client
> entries we found the interface non-geek friendly.  So, we went to
> Mantis which is ok, but we had to write some additional modules to get
> our base requirements (i.e.  LDAP authentication).  We never fell in
> love with the features of Mantis and missed some of the capabilities
> of Bugzilla.

If you know Mantis, you definitely should take a look at ProjectView:

http://www.sam-solutions.net/open-source-solutions-project-view.html
http://www.sam-solutions.net/download/projectview.tar.bz2

I don't think you will use it as it is (it's in PHP, and code is
messy), but you definitely should take a look at it's features list, I
bet you will want to borrow some. It tracks tasks (with dependecies
and gantt charts), bugs, test cases, documents, and work time reports,
and attempts to integrate all that. Haven't seen this combination in
any other open-source project management tool.

--
Dmitry Borodaenko