--4Y142/9l9nQlBiaj

Hi - my only experience with this is with Perl, but I would take a guess
that the process should be similar (someone else my know better).

Basically you would create a normal C extension for Ruby, but ensure
that your symbols are externalised (extern "C" { ... }), and then use
the c++ compiler.  Then create your subroutines as normal, and call out
to the C++ library functions (thatyou need to link in).
I've not tried it myself, but I would have thought that it could be made
to fly?

Cheers,

Piers Harding.

--