Andy Stone wrote:

>Thanks Phil,
>
>As I said with the initial post, I was writing this regardless, but
>just wanted to see what had been done with Ruby/Rails that I could
>possibly extend.  Our feature request is very specific and it's nice
>to see the alternatives the other people have mentioned.  (Especially
>like the subversion interface)
>
>It will definitely have a pluggable architecture as we would like to
>include portions of this system into our intranet.  We are also
>planning on writing an inventory system with ruby/rails that will
>integrate with the bug tracker.  So, for instance, "john" reports a
>bug with some application he has installed. We want the ability to
>link (plug into) to the inventory system to see what type of computer
>he has, the applications he has installed, etc...  This is a very
>specific, but beneficial feature that we want and knowing that's not
>the norm, we decided to write such a beast.  There are a host of other
>features that we need and will include.
>
>My plans for setting this up would be to use gems so it would be as
>simple as rails.
>
>I'm a big fan of Ruby and would like to see it rule the world.
>
>thanks,
>andy

We currently use Instiki for use to track bugs with task pages. What
would be cool, now that Instiki is a rails app (which we haven't moved
to yet), is an integration between Instiki and BugTracker. What I am
thinking of is the ability to have plain wiki pages and also have every
text input also be a wiki "entity". By that I mean that it could be
linked to from other pages.  Also it would be nice to be able to link to
objects in the bug tracking system (like Bug #42 or Bug #42-Comment #3
or User:John).

I looked at Trac and it seems to have this capability from my cursory
look at it.

Steve Tuckner