On Wed, 4 May 2005, SER wrote:

>> Once again, static typing reared its head on the mailing list, and
> once
>> again, the knights of the Ruby table slayed the beast...
>
> It would be more accurate to say that the Knights claimed the beast
> was:
>
> 1) impossible to implement

http://rubyforge.org/snippet/detail.php?type=snippet&id=47

Searches through all defined symbols for near misses in namespace.
Hopefully some of those listed will be mispelling bugs.

Usage :-
ruby -w Mispel.rb

Will run its unit tests.

ruby -rmodule1 -rmodule2 -rmodule... Mispel.rb --cache

Will create ~/.mispel_ignore, a list of known near misses in the
system and in those modules.

If you add into your script, after all require statements...

require 'Mispel'
Mispel::problem_cases
exit(1)

It will (after a long time) print out all near misses in namespace
that are not in ~/.mispel_ignore

New Zealand

Somewhere on the edge of a Galaxy, one of literally billions of such
galaxies, is a sun, one of literally billions of suns in that
galaxy.

Orbiting that sun is a small rock 330000 times smaller than that
sun.

This rock is  covered by a very very thin scum  of life. (Think 6000km
of rock followed by a meter or so of biomass.)

Amongst the millions of species in that scum are many hundreds of
thousands of types beetle and a mere handful of primates.

Surprisingly enough, this email does not originate from a beetle.

It originates from just one of the 6 billion vastly outnumbered humans.

I trust you will keep this perspective and context in mind when
reacting to this email.