Tim Hunter wrote:
> RMagick 1.8.0 is available on RubyForge:

I've got a problem with RMagick on OS X. I have installed the
imagemagick and imagemagick-dev packages from fink (version 6.1.8). When
I try to install the gem I get the following error:

make
rmimage.c:16:46: magick/xwindow.h: No such file or directory
rmimage.c: In function `Image_capture':
rmimage.c:581: error: `XImportInfo' undeclared (first use in this function)
rmimage.c:581: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
rmimage.c:581: error: for each function it appears in.)
rmimage.c:581: error: parse error before "ximage_info"
rmimage.c:585: warning: implicit declaration of function `XGetImportInfo'
rmimage.c:585: error: `ximage_info' undeclared (first use in this function)
rmimage.c:614: warning: implicit declaration of function `XImportImage'
rmimage.c:614: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
make[1]: *** [rmimage.o] Error 1
setup failed
'system make' failed
try 'ruby install.rb --help' for usage
make: *** [all] Error 1
install.rb: entering install phase...

The rest of the build seems to work and the gem is "successfully"
installed, but after require_gem 'rmagick' the constant Magick is not
defined.

--
http://www.mikrocontroller.net
http://rforum.andreas-s.net - Ruby Web Forum