One more, in support of my editor "fetisch"...

Ctrl-w _ maximises the current window
Ctrl-w = makes all the windows the same size

I know theres already a bunch of people with a bunch of great tips,
but these two shortcuts make a big difference to my vimming.

Btw, a good way to practice moving with "hjkl" is by playing nethack :D

--
spooq