On 5/3/05, Michael Campbell <michael.campbell / gmail.com> wrote:

> > if one is a touch-typist, vim makes you very efficient at editing text...
>
> And if all you want to do is edit text, vi(m) is a fine editor.
>
> Emacs big win is that it does so, so much more.   It's like debating
> your clock vs. your computer because you can tell the current time

Huh? http://www.vim.org/scripts/index.php Maybe not on a par with
emacs, but pretty impressive, and you can script it with ruby, so it
kicks emacs ass all over the place for that.

I've disliked the whole Wordstar/Ctrl Key paradigm even since I got
trapped in such an editor on a 1200/75 dialup modem connection once
many years ago...scary :-)

--
Into RFID? www.rfidnewsupdate.com Simple, fast, news.