> * It won't work correctly when it requires other libraries which
>    support GetText.

Correct, but not an issue. At least not in Rails applications. And when
it is, just don't use the hack.

> * You can't separate textdomains in a web app such as "bbs", "scheduler".

Correct, but I don't think you need more than one domain in 99% of all
Rails apps. In case you do, don't use the hack.

> * If rails uses GetText itself as L10n, it will have "rails" textdomain,
>   but it won't work correctly with your hack.

Hm, I don't understand fully, but again, if it doesn't work with the
hack then don't use the hack.

Aren't these all good points to just make it a feature?

> Now, "gettext/container" supports "instance-based/module-based texdomain"
>  not file-based. It's similer with your idea but it allows plural
> textdomains and it also doesn't affect other libraries which support GetText.
> #And "gettext/erb" is an instance-based 'ERB' textdomain.
>
> So I think if a class/module which generates HTML from ERB on rails
> includes "gettext/erb", then you don't need to call #bindtextdomain on each
> files and some faults are solved.

I will have to look into that. Will let you know what I think about it.
Might be another week or two though since I am working on some legacy
PHP client code at the moment :(

Sascha